I can clearly remember the times I was giving a talk somewhere and was a little scared before. It’s so different to e.g. taking a written test. You could fail in front of all the other people listening to your talk, you could forget a line or simply screw up in some other way. This fear is what totally screws some people and really pushes other people to excel at what they do.
Over the … Read more
After a long day of work I sometimes had this feeling that I had done a lot of things but nothing really important. I had made all these little decisions that take a fair amount of time and I felt exhausted. But my business didn’t move forward during that day. What was the problem?
A truly fascinating thing I have found to help me focus more on important tasks is killing some variables in my … Read more
I wrote in one of my last posts that there are a lot of “problems” regarding blogging before you actually start a blog:
- what do I write about?
- I will never be able to come up with a new topic every week!
- who is going to read what I have to tell?
- what software to use? WordPress or Tumblr?
- I have to make this blog look nice before I write anything!
- article published and now
… Read more
Over the last years I have watched really closely what keeps me motivated every day. Factors included:
- results (e.g. success of a product)
While you should have that “long-term” goal, the problem with these is the following: achieving any of these factors gives you only motivation for this specific area and fulfillment for a specific point in time.
There should be something, related or unrelated to your goals, that gives you motivation along … Read more
January 2013 was my first month of “real” blogging.
I pushed myself to start blogging before but never kept up with it for more than a post now and then. What had changed?
- overcoming the fear of “how should I get started? what should I write?”
- writing about my experience with startups, projects, research
- strict schedule for writing
Once you started with the first couple of posts in a row the ideas start flowing for … Read more